Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Colour Is Cool!


Hi everybody!

With all the cold snowy wintery weather we are having I decided to pull together a scrapbook page using bold, bright patterned cardstock and lots of bling and embellishments! Whenever I bought in bold colourful patterned cardstock to the Card Studio customers would  steer away and move onto safer designs. We are so used to accenting with colour and design that we sometimes find it difficult to use it as the basis.

One particular design came from My Minds Eye. Every inch covered in dynamic design with a few colourful song birds thrown in as well!

 
 
 Its difficult to know where to begin!
We had a delivery from MME last week which had a cardstock with very similar colours. Again a full on patterned paper but with a lot of potential!

 
 
I carefully cut out the floweres with a small border - never try and cut on the line.
Using 1, 2 and 3mm foam pads I arranged the flowers directly onto the circle patterned paper.
 

 
It is difficult to see on screen but because the flowers are raised they cast a shadow which adds dimension and depth - apologies for the photography!- The photograph is of my son CJ and my grand-daughter Millie watching Polar Express - a great film! - I will get round to the journalling!
Never be afraid to experiment and look outside the box.
 
Happy crafting x

No comments: