Tuesday, May 20, 2014

SUMMER IS HERE!!??

My goodness what fantastic weather we have been having! I'm afraid my workroom has been empty for the past few days. Have been out enjoying the sights of York whilst the sun shone.

Anyway back to work and still playing with all the wonderful dies that have been pouring onto the market.

I have used a 6" card for my first card and a lovely Brittania lattice edge die.
These dies really are very intricate without being too twee. They come in three sizes to fit 4", 6" and 8" cards.

 
 
The flowers are from a Just Rite stamp set which comes with matching dies and is very pretty.
 
A scroll die adds movement and the embossing folder adds just the right amount of dimension.
 



I get a lot of questions about the use of edger dies especially when putting them through the die cutting machines on the edge of cards - they never seem to cut in the centre of the die. This is a tricky one. I tend to use my E- Bosser machine as this has pressure all the way across the rolls. I do use my Grand Calibur but find I have to use a shim down the centre - not all the way across or you are defeating the object.  Also my good old sizzix machine is a final option although only on cards 6" wide. Don't give up though, just find a shim that works with the thickness of paper that you are using.

Hope that helps!

Happy crafting!
Jayne x

No comments: